Apply now to Join us for an Invite only
PitMaster Open Day
Learn the ways of a true
Are you a chef with passion looking for an exciting new opportunity?
We’d LOVE to hear from you!
A little bit about you…
You’re an experienced chef who knows their way around the kitchen and is up to the challenge of a busy service.
An enthusiastic chef who is excited to join our talented pit crew. You have passion and skills to contribute and are interested in learning about the Texas heritage and Pappy’s brand.
You’ll be led by support alongside the Head Chef serving 2 busy restaurants.
Keen to support the Pappy’s team with servicing the production of the online shop and catering for festivals, events and weddings.
A little bit about us…
Pappy’s Texas BBQ, Kendal is lead by 3rd generation Texan Pitmaster, Robin who is Pappy’s daughter. Pappy’s keeps with family traditions of oak smoked meats low and slow and homemade sauces and sides. It’s a true slice of tasty Texas, right here in Cumbria!
About the role…
Pappy’s Smokehouse Bar & Grill outdoor restaurant at our smokehouse in the centre of Kendal with great success.
We are looking for the right chef to continue and expand our great reputation and help run our Smokehouse kitchen along with our brand new Tex-Mex Pappy’s Taco Bar in one kitchen at Smokehouse yard.
You will be working alongside our talented team of chefs and 3rd generation Pitmaster, Robin, who will introduce you to the world of Texan cooking.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Oversee the smooth running of the kitchen and prepare the various components of our menu.
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene and food safety procedures including food labelling, temperature and cleansing schedules.
- Execute the presentation of the menu to the expected high standard quickly and efficiently.
- Track, record and replenish stock as needed.
- Have experience in a kitchen and Be well organised and motivated
- Keep calm when working under pressure
- Have good communication skills
- You will have a set but sometimes flexible schedule. We are open 5- 6 days a week
- Opportunity to contribute to and work with the Pit Crew and with our 3rd generation Texan pitmaster
- at Christmas holidays closure
- Training provided and potential for growth
- Tip share of our southern hospitality tip bucket
- Free food on shift, 50% off from takeaways & 20% discounts in the restaurant
- Be part of the motivated, fun-loving, established team
- Staff trips and days out
- 28 holidays
- Company pensions scheme
- Salary: £11.00-£13.00 per hour depending on experience
apply Now to join our team & experience our Pitmaster Open Day!
Once you apply, we will select a limited amount of chef candidates to join us for a 2 hour slot to experience a hands on process during our production at the live smoke in Pappy’s Smokehouse, Kendal on 18- 20 April 2023.
Successful candidates will have a pit tour, meet the Pitmaster Robin and Head Chef Mark and have the opportunity to get involved.
This is an opportunity for Pappy’s to learn more about you and for you to ask any questions you have about the role.
– Closing date 15 April 2023
– Successful applicants will be notified Sunday 16 April
– Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your current CV
Please note : Our open day is by invitation only. You will be asked to select which dates/times you are available between the 18th-20th April when you apply & we will notify you on Sunday 16th of April if you are successful.